01.20.2011– Salt Lake City, Utah– Beyond Coastal, the Sun Valley, ID and Salt Lake City, UT-based manufacturer of premium sun care products for the outdoor lifestyle, is pleased to announce support of several top skiers straight from the company’s snow-crazed backyards. On the team for 2011 are Salt Lake skiers, Grete Eliassen, McKenna Peterson, and Caroline Gleich and Sun Valley-based pros Conor Davis and Danny Walton.
Each skier brings a unique skill set as the crew’s specialties include freeskiing, telemark, big mountain, and downhill. This youthful team is united by their ambitious goals and new media mastery, bringing fans as close to the action as possible via the social web, video, and TV content. These skiers also share a keen understanding of the potential skin damage they face while spending countless hours outside at high elevation and do their best to spread a safe sun care message to their peers.
Eliassen, a regular in major media like Shape magazine and ESPN, has a longstanding love affair with sunscreen. “Sun exposure is a significant part of my life since I’m always outside and, it might sound crazy, but I’m addicted to sunscreen. I wear Beyond Coastal Active 15 on my face everyday and try to educate my friends and other skiers about its importance,” Eliassen said. “The advice I give to my friends is don’t be afraid to use sunscreen. You only have one face and you need to protect it.”
• Grete Eliassen is a bilingual freeskiing sensation, blending her Norweigan roots with electric freestyle skills honed in Salt Lake City, Utah. She is a four-time U.S. Open freeskiing champion and has won X Games’ gold and silver medals.
• Conor Davis, the poster boy for Sun Valley Resort, is a young skier who puts in an incredible amount of days skiing (167 in 2010) and regularly showcases his versatility in alpine freeskiing competitions on his tele boards.
• McKenna Petersen is a Sun Valley transplant, currently attending the University of Utah while competing in the Freeski World Tour. She also runs the University of Utah ski and snowboard club (1,000+ student members).
• Caroline Gleich, covergirl for SKI magazine’s January 2011 issue, is a USSA Level II Certified Freeride Coach and big mountain skier who also attends the University of Utah.
• Danny Walton is a Sun Valley telemark skiing wunderkind. He is responsible for organizing the Northern Rockies Telemark Institute Clinics, as well as several Sun Valley Telemark Series events.
Beyond Coastal’s sun care products appeal to outdoor athletes because they are formulated to deliver skin-nourishing ingredients such as Green Tea, Grape Seed, and Shea Butter while offering complete broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. It puts back what the elements strip away. Always Paraben Free, Petroleum Free, Fragrance Free, and Cruelty Free Beyond Coastal is for athletes and enthusiasts alike who spend a ton of time outdoors. In 2011, Beyond Coastal will bring to market its newest product, the Facestick, answering the “call of the gloved” by helping snowsports’ athletes wearing bulky gloves to simply remove the top and rub on high exposure areas.
Beyond Coastal produces some of the highest quality skin protection on the market and is top rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), an independent, non-profit consumer research group. Find fresh and exciting content from each of these athletes on Beyond Coastal’s social channels including Facebook and Twitter.
About Beyond Coastal
Beyond Coastal’s mission is to offer the cleanest, healthiest sun care products possible at a reasonable price. Their formulas contain natural ingredients; Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Algae Extract, Grape Seed, Pro Vitamin B and Rose Hip Oil that Protect, Nourish, Repair, and
Hydrate. It’s nutrition for the skin!